The Community Development Team is here to support residents in their activities and community life.
The Community Devlopment Team can help with;
- setting up a social group or a more formal group
- help with funding advice
- give practical help and support
- help publicise your activities
- signpost you to other organisations
- inform you of meetings and events
- assist you with seeking funding to run activities
Why should you get involved?
By getting involved you can:
- help the community shape itís own destiny
- improve the quality of life for you and your family
- make a lasting contribution to the area and your community
- build a strong community
How can you get involved?
There are many ways that residents can get involved:
- as an individual attending meetings or community events
- by becoming a member of a community group, residents association or joining The Hub or Grassroots Management Committee
- by developing your own project
- by getting involved with the Newham NDP art projects
- by getting involved with an existing project or activity.
- Apply to the Newham NDP community Initiatives fund to run a project or activity
The Newham NDP Community Development Team (CIT) can let you know what is happening and how you can get involved.
Howard and Anita are partially based at the resource centres, bringing the team even closer to the community. You can find their contact details here.
Get Involved, make a difference